Rite of Christian Initiation--RCIA
For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him might not perish but might have eternal life.
Adults becoming Catholic
The Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA) welcomes and initiates those who choose to become Catholic by providing Catholic Christian formation.
Who is RCIA for?
- Adults who have never been baptized as a Christian.
- Those who have been baptized in another Christian faith, but now want to become Catholic.
- People who have been baptized as Catholics but never received, and now want, the sacraments of Confirmation and the Eucharist.
For more information please call Sister Brid O’Shea at (714)741-9492 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
What to Expect
- We meet for 9:30 AM Mass on Sunday mornings for dismissal and a catechesis of the Word. There will be a short break followed by a presentation with a guest speaker and discussion.
- We will take a one day retreat in the winter.
- Individuals who are ready will be baptized at the Easter Vigil.
How to Help
Helping candidates during the RCIA process is a great way to get involved in the Parish. We can use your help in the following ways:
- Become a sponsor - be a companion of faith for a candidate.
- Be part of the RCIA team and be willing to share your experience as a witness of our faith.
To volunteer, contact Sister Brid O’Shea @ (714)741-9492 or boshea@saintcolumban church.org or firstname.lastname@example.org.